Tuesday, December 28, 2010

DEBBIE CARLOS

Name- Debbie Carlos
Age- 31
Where are you from?- I was born in Los Angeles, grew up in Manila and now I live in Chicago. This is a strange question for me since it always feels like I have three homes.
Your equipment- The two cameras I use primarily are a 35mm Pentax P30t and a Canon Rebel T1i. I also have various polaroid cameras, a Panasonic LX3, Fuji Instax, Lomo LCA, Canon Snappy 50, Holga, Diana and a Seagull TLR.
Influences and photographers you like- I really love looking at self-taught art. Some of my favorites are Henry Darger, A.G. Rizzoli, Martin Ramirez and Joseph Yoakum. I admire the obsessiveness of their work, and although many work within the restriction of, for example, religious beliefs, they also seem to exercise total freedom in producing such weird and interesting imagery. It’s something I feel I could never do, and I wish I could. It’s frustrating and inspiring at the same time.
Some photographers that have also influenced my work a lot include Uta Barth, Rinko Kawauchi, Laura Letinsky and William Eggleston. I also gain unlimited amounts of inspiration from my friends and peers.
A little about you- I like to take pictures of my everyday life. Nature, home, friends, food. I take pictures because it’s what I know how to do, and what I like to do. It’s somehow instinctual to document the things around me. I enjoy capturing the little moments of peace that happen sometimes. It makes me feel connected to the world.
I also sometimes go to a job, and I have an internet shop where I sell my artworks. I like to embroider, sew, and crochet. I like to cook a lot, and I take care of a rabbit and a cat.

debbiecarlos.com/
18_1

18_2

18_3

18_4

18_6

18_5

18_14

18_7

18_8

18_9

18_10

18_11

18_12

18_13

18_15

18_16

18_17

18_18

18_19

18_20ALL PHOTOS BY DEBBIE CARLOS


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

curious constellation said...

Those deer, wow.

Sergio said...

Wonderful, i like it
Great!

dschulie said...

the pics are amazin!

Christina said...

magical! love the dark tones!

anni said...

So wonderful photos ! I'm speechless...

Anonymous said...

fyi they are photos of photographs from the Chicago Field Museum.

Related Posts with Thumbnails